Write a funny letter to camp. Your camper will love you for it.
Humor is good. Funny is easy. Laughs build bonds forever.
For the last year, we’ve been asking folks about their biggest challenge writing letters to camp. And the number one challenge? FUNNY LETTERS! Heck, it even beat out homesickness prevention.
Here’s a quick snapshot of the top ways you can create funny letters to your camper. Check out the info-edu-graphic for details!
- Campers love humor! [Most] kids love to laugh – and funny letters get kids laughing without losing their focus on camp. Laughter makes a good day great, and a challenging day better. Whether sharing funny true stories or jokes, or just mixing it up, humor helps build a lasting bond between you and your camper.
- Tell a joke. Kids love jokes, riddles, and funny stories. You can write your own jokes and riddles. Or grab a few online – simply cut and paste them right into your typed or email letters. Check out this great list of kid-friendly joke and riddle sites.
- Imagine it. Let your creative juices flow! Letters can be whatever you want them to be. Write a true story. Or a fictional story. Or a funny story. Create funny pictures and drawings. Add silly captions to your photos. If you can imagine it, you can do it! Click for more ideas.
- Change Your Perspective. It’s amazing what a new point of view can do for a letter. I love to write letters from my dog’s perspective. You might prefer to write a letter from your cat or your parakeet. Or your baby.
- Be Unexpected. Who says that letters to camp have to be the same old same old? After all, you’re unique – and so is your camper. And your letters should be unique too! Try a few of these ideas for unique and unexpected letters. Next time you write a letter, use a fill in a CampLib (silly fill-in-the-blank letter), fill-in-the-blank letter or even, a multiple choice letter. Or write your own.
Download the free info-edu-graphic for a quick guide you can take anywhere.
Best wishes for happy, funny letter-writing!
Letters to Camp Blog: Jokes
Letters to Camp Blog: Joke List
Letters to Camp Blog: Fill-in-the-blank letters
Letters to Camp Blog: CampLibs (MadLibs you send your kids)
Letters to Camp Blog: letters from my dog’s perspective