Published August 8, 2010
Tags: Letters to camp, Overnight camp, Parenting, Funny letters to campers, Funny camp letters, Sample camp letters, Sample letters to camp, Fill in blank letter, fill-in-the-blank letter, sleep-away camp, End of summer
It’s back! Another “fill-in-the-blank” letter, and this one is perfect for the end of camp. Check out the other letters – fill-in-the-blanks, multiple-choice letters, Camp-Libs, and more.
Continue reading ‘Fill-in-the-Blank Letter #2: End of Summer’
Published June 30, 2010
Funny , Jokes , Letter ideas , Letters to camp , Overnight camp
Tags: Fill in blank letter, fill-in-the-blank letter, Funny camp letters, Funny letters to campers, Letters to camp, Sample camp letters, Sample letters to camp
Last summer I wrote the “Multiple Choice Letter #1.” Your kids will love multiple choice letters – and you’ll save time too.
But sometimes, “fill-in-the-blank letters work well too. Here’s a sample fill-in-the-blank letter that will zip up your letter-writing. I’ve left this blank so you can cut, paste and fill it in with the least effort.
The letter even includes a section for crossing the road jokes, which you can find at Jokes’N Jokes
Continue reading ‘Fill-In-The-Blank Letter’
– By Curlygrandma
This post comes from Curlygrandma of Curlygrandma’s Blog. From time to time, we invite guests to post their letter-writing experiences to the Letters to Camp Blog. Interested? Click to learn more.
When my girls were very young, they would write letters to Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, and even to the tooth fairy. As a good mama, I found myself writing a lot of letters at 2am. And unfortunately, my youngest daughter, Shannan, never missed a chance to ask a dozen questions in her letters. She loved writing letters, but mostly, she loved getting letters. Continue reading ‘Guest Post: Letter from Rosemary the Cat’
Published August 14, 2009
Funny , Jokes , Letter ideas , Letters to camp , Links to other sites , Overnight camp
Tags: A Joke A Day, AHA Jokes, Arizona Kids Net, Camp jokes for kids, Camp letter ideas, Camper, Funny, Funny camp letters, Funny letters to camp, Funny letters to campers, Jokes, Jokes 'n Jokes, Letters to camp, Library Jokes, Library jokes – Multinomah Public Library, Links to other sites, Parenting, Yahoo Kids – Jokes and Humor
Keep your camper laughing with funny letters to camp! Campers always love to get jokes from their parents. Jokes lighten your camper’s mood and help to build a shared connection between you and your child. What’s more, your camper will enjoy sharing jokes and laughs with their friends. In our family, we try to include a joke in each daily (!) email we send to our kids at camp.
Make it relevant. Remember to tailor your joke selections to the interests and sensibilities of your child. If your kid follows politics, send political jokes. Interested in computers? Send computer jokes, etc.
A web of jokes. You can draw from your own arsenal of jokes or you can find more jokes on the web. In most cases, it’s easy to cut and paste jokes, riddles and pictures from these sites directly into your typed letters and emails. You’ll also find that the ability to browse and find jokes varies greatly from site to site. The best sites include a multitude of categories with links to specific titles for each joke.
Joke of the Day? You choose. It’s tempting to just go to a joke of the day website and cut and paste the day’s joke. But the jokes tend to be uneven so you’re better off browsing for a an interesting joke.
Following is a list of joke sites with kid-appropriate, usually clean jokes. The best sites are closest to the top.
Kid-Friendly & Kid-Safe Joke Sites
- A Joke A Day – It seems like of these jokes have been around for a while but if you look at the archives, you’ll find some god ones. The actual “Joke of the Day” usually comes from the archives. You can subscribe to a daily email as well. Fully Browse-able. Massive number of browse-able categories with joke descriptions.
- AHA Jokes. Excellent selection (some of the best kids jokes I’ve read) but difficult to browse. Browse to a category where you’ll see a numbered list without descriptions. Avoid the joke of the day because it doesn’t look like it’s been updated regularly.
- Arizona Kids Net. Jokes and lots of riddles submitted by kids. Difficult to cut and paste – but great selection of funny jokes. Easily brows-able but limited number of categories.
- Library jokes – Multinomah Public Library. Library jokes for real, and a lot more. Great links to other clean joke sites. Scroll to the bottom of the page for an excellent selection of clean, funny riddles. Easy cut and paste. Not browse-able.
- Jokes ‘n Jokes. All clean jokes with a few politically incorrect jokes for good measure. Includes numerous categories but the site layout is cluttered and a little difficult to navigate. Browse-able.
More funny stuff from the Letters To Camp Blog.
Next: More joke sites – tomorrow.