Published July 17, 2010
Funny , Jokes , Letter ideas , Letters to camp
Tags: Camp letter ideas, Funny, funny letter to camper, letters to camp;humor, Overnight camp, sleepaway camp, Summer camp
More Funny Letters to Camp Secrets
Picking up from the last post, here are more secrets to funny camper letters!
#1: Transform the mundane into the amusing. Let’s face it, your home life is probably a lot less interesting than your camper’s experience. So spice yours up. Search out funny details. For example, my daughter left an old orange in her gym bag for a month. Let’s just say that it had changed color and shape. We got some good mileage out of that one for months.
Continue reading ‘More Funny Letter to Camp Secrets’
Published July 15, 2010
Funny , Jokes , Letter ideas , Letter-writing advice , Letters to camp
Tags: Camp letter ideas, Funny, Funny lettters to campers, how to write a funny letter, humor, Letters to camp
You’ll be writing funny letters in no time!
Many visitors to this blog ask how to write a funny letter to their campers. The reason is obvious: they just paid umpty-nine-bazillion dollars (plus fees) to send their campers away and they intend to keep them there! Or they just want their kids to have a great summer. Either way, humor is good. So letters to camp should be humorful, er, funny!
Following are a few suggestions that will help you to write funny letters that may keep you kids [happy] at sleep-away camp.
Continue reading ’4 Secrets to Funny Letters to Campers’
Published July 7, 2010
Funny , Letter ideas , Letters to camp
Tags: Camp letter ideas, Dog stories, Dogs, Funny, Funny letters to campers, funny letters to kids at camp, Letters to camp, Super Pup Pup
Let’s face it, your life may not be that interesting – but that shouldn’t stop you from writing great letters. Here’s a dog story you can easily include in your next letter.
And, then… wait this just in! Super Pup Pup has just arrested a robber in Williamsville where Grandma and Grandpa live! Here’s what happened: Continue reading ‘Super Pup Pup Saves the Day!’
Published June 30, 2010
Funny , Jokes , Letter ideas , Letters to camp , Overnight camp
Tags: Fill in blank letter, fill-in-the-blank letter, Funny camp letters, Funny letters to campers, Letters to camp, Sample camp letters, Sample letters to camp
Last summer I wrote the “Multiple Choice Letter #1.” Your kids will love multiple choice letters – and you’ll save time too.
But sometimes, “fill-in-the-blank letters work well too. Here’s a sample fill-in-the-blank letter that will zip up your letter-writing. I’ve left this blank so you can cut, paste and fill it in with the least effort.
The letter even includes a section for crossing the road jokes, which you can find at Jokes’N Jokes
Continue reading ‘Fill-In-The-Blank Letter’
Published June 26, 2010
First letter , Funny , Letter ideas , Letter-writing advice , Letters to camp , Uncategorized
Tags: Camp letter ideas, First letter, Letters to camp, Overnight camp, packing list
What to pack in that first letter
This week, our oldest left for camp. So of course we immediately dashed off our first letter. Hard to say why, but that first letter is always a mind-bender. It had been 10 months since I’d written my last camp letter. And as usual, I had such a big packing list filled with things I had to say in that special, first letter:
Continue reading ‘The Letters to Camp Packing List’
Published August 15, 2009
Funny , Jokes , Letter ideas , Letters to camp , Links to other sites , Overnight camp , Resources
Tags: Camp jokes for kids, Camp letter ideas, campers, Funny, Funny letters to camp, Jokes, Letter ideas, Letter-writing advice, Letters to camp, Links to other sites, Overnight camp, Parenting, Summer camp
Yesterday I listed kid-safe joke sites. Following is a list of general sites that have a mix of kid-friendly and not so kid-friendly jokes. But most of these sites have a great selection of appropriate jokes so you’ll want to check them out. The best sites are at the top of the list.
General Jokes Sites
Broad selection of general jokes without sections dedicated to kids.
- Comedy Zone. Huge selection of jokes, many of which are clean. Easily browse-able with titles for each joke. Check out the extensive collection of funny pictures. Looks like this site hails from the United Kingdom.
- Joke-Best. Reader-rated jokes. More clean jokes than many other sites. Browse-able. Easy to navigate.
- Funny and Jokes. Good selection.Click on a category to see a selection of jokes on one page. Click to see more. Browse-able. Decent number of categories.
- The Joke Yard. Moderate selection of jokes with many categories. Browse-able to short list of jokes in a given category. Check out clean one liners. Click more categories to see a huge list of categories. Great feature: shows if joke is clean, rude etc. Beware: many rude jokes. It’s also ad-supported so you never know what’s going to show up.
- Funnyjokes.org. Click on categories to read random jokes, one at a time. A bit tedious since you can’t browse for specific jokes.
- Cool funny jokes. Very easy to find new jokes from the home page. You’ll have to look for the funny jokes. Note that some people will find selected links and jokes offensive. Fully browse-able. Beware: sometimes displays racy ads.
- Joke-Of-The-Day. Very easy to browse with descriptions. Lots of clean jokes although much of the humor may be beyond the reach or interest of children. Don’t go here looking for “the joke of the day” though.
- Lots of Jokes. Moderate selection of funny kids jokes but not easy to browse. The main site contains many jokes, many of which are not appropriate for children. Site has a lot of advertising.
More funny stuff from the Letters To Camp Blog.
A Letter A Day Makes A Happy Camper
Published August 14, 2009
Funny , Jokes , Letter ideas , Letters to camp , Links to other sites , Overnight camp
Tags: A Joke A Day, AHA Jokes, Arizona Kids Net, Camp jokes for kids, Camp letter ideas, Camper, Funny, Funny camp letters, Funny letters to camp, Funny letters to campers, Jokes, Jokes 'n Jokes, Letters to camp, Library Jokes, Library jokes – Multinomah Public Library, Links to other sites, Parenting, Yahoo Kids – Jokes and Humor
Keep your camper laughing with funny letters to camp! Campers always love to get jokes from their parents. Jokes lighten your camper’s mood and help to build a shared connection between you and your child. What’s more, your camper will enjoy sharing jokes and laughs with their friends. In our family, we try to include a joke in each daily (!) email we send to our kids at camp.
Make it relevant. Remember to tailor your joke selections to the interests and sensibilities of your child. If your kid follows politics, send political jokes. Interested in computers? Send computer jokes, etc.
A web of jokes. You can draw from your own arsenal of jokes or you can find more jokes on the web. In most cases, it’s easy to cut and paste jokes, riddles and pictures from these sites directly into your typed letters and emails. You’ll also find that the ability to browse and find jokes varies greatly from site to site. The best sites include a multitude of categories with links to specific titles for each joke.
Joke of the Day? You choose. It’s tempting to just go to a joke of the day website and cut and paste the day’s joke. But the jokes tend to be uneven so you’re better off browsing for a an interesting joke.
Following is a list of joke sites with kid-appropriate, usually clean jokes. The best sites are closest to the top.
Kid-Friendly & Kid-Safe Joke Sites
- A Joke A Day – It seems like of these jokes have been around for a while but if you look at the archives, you’ll find some god ones. The actual “Joke of the Day” usually comes from the archives. You can subscribe to a daily email as well. Fully Browse-able. Massive number of browse-able categories with joke descriptions.
- AHA Jokes. Excellent selection (some of the best kids jokes I’ve read) but difficult to browse. Browse to a category where you’ll see a numbered list without descriptions. Avoid the joke of the day because it doesn’t look like it’s been updated regularly.
- Arizona Kids Net. Jokes and lots of riddles submitted by kids. Difficult to cut and paste – but great selection of funny jokes. Easily brows-able but limited number of categories.
- Library jokes – Multinomah Public Library. Library jokes for real, and a lot more. Great links to other clean joke sites. Scroll to the bottom of the page for an excellent selection of clean, funny riddles. Easy cut and paste. Not browse-able.
- Jokes ‘n Jokes. All clean jokes with a few politically incorrect jokes for good measure. Includes numerous categories but the site layout is cluttered and a little difficult to navigate. Browse-able.
More funny stuff from the Letters To Camp Blog.
Next: More joke sites – tomorrow.