What Not to Pack

Sometimes too much is, well, too much

Let’s face it, some things are better left at home.  Same goes for letters to camp.  A few years ago, I wrote the  “Letters to Camp Packing List” post. Now here are a few things NOT to pack in your first (or any) letter:

• Envy – Don’t give them reasons to wish they were home now
    We bought new iPhones for your brother and sister – too bad you can’t use yours at camp.”
  • Sadness – Resist the urge – even if it’s true
    “Our lives are so empty without you.  We cry ourselves to sleep each night and miss you terribly.”
  • Excessive joy – Don’t make your kids miss being home – at least for now
    “We always have such a great time when you go to camp… we eat sugary cereals, stay up late, skip our homework…”
  • Negative learning experiences – Focus on the positive
    “Even if you’re lonely, you’ll learn a lot.”
  • Worry - Keep your kids focused on camp, not on home
    “We’re not sure if the Smith’s pet hamster will make it to September.”
  • Paparazzi – The other parents want you to know that your kid doesn’t need to be in every picture.
    “Honey, you were only in 20 pictures on the camp website this week.  Please try to get in more shots so we know you’re having fun.”

Additional Resources

Letters to Camp Packing List

About these ads

13 Responses to “What Not to Pack”

1. 1 best ab workouts May 10, 2013 at 3:58 am

Bring the dumbbell back to the ground and alternate the rowing arm while stabilizing with the opposite arm.

By combining the best exercises of the core, you could get great results in stabilizing muscles and strength in your mid-section.
    Ab machines are another way to make your routine not
    only more interesting but also more efficient.

2. 2 how to six packs May 16, 2013 at 11:36 am

But the end of the exercise your abs will likely be
    sore, and pulled fairly tightly together, indicating a
    good workout. Nutrition is without a doubt the “king of getting a six pack”.
    “If you pull the wires closer to the spine,” Mc – Gill says, as you do when you pull in your stomach while trying to isolate the
    transversus abdominis, “what happens.

3. 3 behandlung hämorrhoiden June 13, 2013 at 3:03 pm

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It if truth be told used to be a entertainment account it.

Look complicated to more brought agreeable from you!

By the way, how could we keep in touch?

4. 4 http://thoughts.com/dashboard June 14, 2013 at 12:06 pm

Do you mind if I quote a couple of your articles as long as
    I provide credit and sources back to your site? My blog is in the very same area of interest as yours and my users
    would definitely benefit from a lot of the information you provide here.
    Please let me know if this okay with you. Cheers!

5. 5 baumpflege June 17, 2013 at 8:28 pm

I think other site proprietors should take this website as
    an model, very clean and great user friendly style and design,
    as well as the content. You’re an expert in this topic!

6. 6 human growth hormone benefits boca florida July 17, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Amazing things here. I’m very happy to peer your article. Thank you so much and I am taking a look ahead to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a e-mail?

7. 7 shool back pack jan sport August 21, 2013 at 10:11 am

I really do take into account most of the concepts you have presented in your write-up. They may be really convincing and definately will surely function. Nonetheless, the actual blogposts are extremely speedy for newbies. May possibly you please expand all of them a lttle bit from pursuing occasion? Thanks for the posting.

8. 8 Laurene November 25, 2013 at 4:04 pm

A very likable hostess, Veronica Belmont is the voice which will guide you on your path to
    becoming a very knowledgeable gamer, thank to the abundant supply of info
    in this monrhly interactive media. Some of your tracks may have weird looking names
    composing of random capitalized four letters but your music tracks
    should be all there. It is also worth noting that depending on
    where you live, many of the USB PCBoard controllers listed
    above may be hard to find or sold out.

9. 9 Candace December 1, 2013 at 1:55 am

Hey! Do you know iff they make any plugins to help with SEO?
    I’m trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I’m nnot seeing very good gains.
    If you kknow of any please share. Many thanks!

10. 10 Beach Rentals January 28, 2014 at 9:31 am

See why Vacation Rentals are the better way to visit Disney World & Cocoa Beach

11. 11 exercises to lose fat in thighs February 3, 2014 at 7:59 am

It work, you really do not lose the direct on ABS fat, then you
    have a slim sexy stomach in love before, on both sides and
    the back of the soft grips. This will not only tone your legs and thighs, it will also strengthen
    your stomach muscles. Women are encouraged to be dancers,
    but even here the talent factor discourages the non-gifted dancer.

12. 12 get views on youtube March 26, 2014 at 7:06 am

Hi there I am so happy I found your weblog, I really found
    you by error, while I was searching on Askjeeve for something else, Regardless
    I am here now and would just like to say thank you for a fantastic
    post and a all round interesting blog (I also love the theme/design),
    I don’t have time to browse it all at the minute but I have book-marked it and also included your RSS feeds,
    so when I have time I will be back to read much more, Please do keep
    up the superb work.

1. 1 What Not To Write – Dear Emily… « Letters to Camp Trackback on July 23, 2012 at 8:23 am