How to Write Funny Letters to Camp

Write a funny letter to camp.  Your camper will love you for it.

Humor is good.  Funny is easy.  Laughs build bonds forever.

Top letter writing challenges – the Letters to Camp Blog. http://www.LetterstoCamp.net.

For the last year, we’ve been asking folks about their biggest challenge writing letters to camp.  And the number one challenge? FUNNY LETTERS!  Heck, it even beat out homesickness prevention.

Here’s a quick snapshot of the top ways you can create funny letters to your camper.  Check out the info-edu-graphic for details!

• Campers love humor!  [Most] kids love to laugh – and funny letters get kids laughing without losing their focus on camp.  Laughter makes a good day great, and a challenging day better. Whether sharing funny true stories or jokes, or just mixing it up, humor helps build a lasting bond between you and your camper.
  • Tell a joke.  Kids love jokes, riddles, and funny stories. You can write your own jokes and riddles. Or grab a few online – simply cut and paste them right into your typed or email letters. Check out this great list of kid-friendly joke and riddle sites.
  • Imagine it.  Let your creative juices flow! Letters can be whatever you want them to be.  Write a true story. Or a fictional story. Or a funny story. Create funny pictures and drawings.  Add silly captions to your photos.  If you can imagine it, you can do it!  Click for more ideas.
  • Change Your Perspective.  It’s amazing what a new point of view can do for a letter.  I love to write letters from my dog’s perspective.   You might prefer to write a letter from your cat or your parakeet. Or your baby.
  • Be Unexpected.  Who says that letters to camp have to be the same old same old? After all, you’re unique – and so is your camper. And your letters should be unique too!  Try a few of these ideas for unique and unexpected letters. Next time you write a letter, use a fill in a CampLib (silly fill-in-the-blank letter), fill-in-the-blank letter or even, a multiple choice letter. Or write your own.

Additional Resources

How to write funny letters to camp.

Download the free  info-edu-graphic for a quick guide you can take anywhere.

Best wishes for happy, funny letter-writing!

Further Reading

Letters to Camp Blog: Jokes
Letters to Camp Blog: Joke List
Letters to Camp Blog: Fill-in-the-blank letters
Letters to Camp Blog: CampLibs (MadLibs you send your kids)
Letters to Camp Blog: letters from my dog’s perspective

About these ads

10 Responses to “How to Write Funny Letters to Camp”

1. 1 schoolofeverything.Com March 30, 2013 at 4:59 pm

It’s economically beneficial too, since an e-cigarette can be used numerous occasions, does not develop highly toxic harmful smoke, or leaves any kind of ash or ugly residue. Unfortunately, prolonged use reportedly leads to undesirable flavors. The smoke can goes up in the air, and people can breathe it in anytime anywhere.

2. 2 Robby April 13, 2013 at 7:28 am

Finding cheap farmacia on line is the easy
    way topurchase medicines. Some like it, Samsung
    will tell you that I work out daily, I eat right, I take vitamins and I get plenty of rest.

3. 3 read more here May 9, 2013 at 7:53 am

El Farmacia On Line vs Tongkat-Ali La causa principal del problemas en los hombres.

Men who used farmacia on line-type medications doubled their chances of picking up an
    infection were ‘next to nothing’.

4. 4 e-cig July 26, 2013 at 6:56 pm

Hello there, I found your web site by means of Google whilst searching for a comparable subject, your site got
    here up, it looks great. I’ve bookmarked it in my google bookmarks.
    Hi there, simply became aware of your blog thru Google, and located that it is truly informative. I’m going to watch out for
    brussels. I’ll appreciate if you happen to continue this in future. Many other folks will likely be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

5. 5 Dewitt September 22, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Hey there outstanding website! Does running a blog similar to this take
    a massive amount work? I have no expertise in programming however
    I was hoping to start my own blog soon. Anyway,
    if you have any ideas or techniques for new blog owners please share.
    I know this is off subject but I simply had to ask.
    Thanks!

6. 6 my health blog October 2, 2013 at 5:02 am

I’m impressed, I have to admit. Rarely do I encounter a blog
    that’s both educative and engaging, and let me tell you, you have hit the nail on
    the head. The issue is something too few men and women
    are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy I came across
    this in my search for something concerning
    this.

7. 7 more info October 8, 2013 at 2:17 am

Pretty good post. I simply became aware of your blog site plus wished to state that I have really loved searching a person’s blog page articles. In any event I’m going to be subscribing on your own give food to so i we do hope you publish once again in the near future!

8. 8 Vitamin k2 supplement orthomol November 28, 2013 at 9:13 am

doubly it is understood as that Vitamins for energy orthomol

9. 9 protein tozu January 2, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Thank you for the auspicious writeup. It in fact was
    a amusement account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable
    from you! However, how could we communicate?

1. 1 The Funny Letters to Camp Resource List « Letters to Camp Trackback on July 8, 2012 at 10:35 pm